Media Madness

Fuck it! 367

Fuck it is becoming quite a popular term in the Radio Africa corridors. Remember Linda Kimaru? The lady who DROVE everyone mad with her mindless verbal diarrhea on Classic 105? Well, she did something MOST of us don’t have balls to do; she said FUCK IT and QUIT her late night gig on Classic 105. For those who have no idea, who she is, please take a look at this post http://www.frankierants.com/2010/11/bit-pieces/ I’ll never forget that post, cause ‘Moongose’ said this about Linda’s Chin

hahahaha!Enyewe that chin looks like a farm implement! Jembe ya ku-harvest ngwaci!
Away from that, why did she quit? Well she felt Classic 105 was NOT recognizing her awesome radio skills and they were short changing her, she was once overheard saying she was paid kidogo (she’s been on radio for a hot minute) this is the problem with Gen Y (watu kama mimi) you want to drive a Super Charged Range Rover Sport after WORKING FOR SOMEONE for a year, please … take a damn \__ Gen Y is un-happy, they want everything within a year and it’s NOT like they’re putting in a lot of effort, all they do is bitch about how little they’re being paid and their performance in the shitter … but at least Linda quit, she got into radio through the fence (Her boyfriend works for Radio Africa) … I hope she finds something else to do, pia being a farmer is an option.
ION, y’all know X Fm right? Umm for those who have no idea who they are … they’re on 105.5, if you’re in a jav and it’s playing rock music, it’s because the dere missed classic by a few bands hehe. Well, the station was dubbed the ‘Capital Killer’ … three year later; they’re still trying to cut away Capital’s audience with a plastic knife.
The station is experiencing a lot of walk outs these days, they hired a very soft spoken girl called Ms. Mpinga a few weeks back and the GIRL quit this week, sources say she looked around and saw the station had no GROWTH opportunities, she was on the drive show.
One of the first people to go on air on X Fm, Raabia (It’s not a kuyu shrub for labia) is about to exit the station, she’s being replaced by Mao (their lispy producer) the station just needs a new strategy, a rock station is UNIQUE, they’re not.  (Although their TA is so bougie it hurts)
Away from radio mushene … if you didn’t squirm when the lovely ‘Naahgerian’ Prosecutor at the ICC was reading out the rape charges, you’re rotten inside.

Introducing… 229

Just like Ron. Coming soon. Just like wrong number. Coming soon. I have never suffered chronic fuckery in my life but these trailers have been another challenge all together. Brutal. What in scorching hell??? They decided to unveil the goddamn thing juzi and it is a soap opera. Yes folks, things are getting desperate. Somebody hold my weave as I knock some sense into these guys.
Something has gone terribly wrong, fuck! It’s like producers have stripped down to their thongs and are walking around town butt naked. Kenyan TV is on a one way ticket to hell!! The name is Mali. Mali is one of  those soaps where everyone back-stabbs everyone. *YAWWWWN*. It stars the likes of Nick Wang’ondu- who can’t act if you ask me, and a host of other new faces. It’s a good thing they don’t have the same old Sarah Hussein ( waving dust and cobwebs) and Lizz Njagah na hao wengine who have been recycled mpaka we know the size of their hips *cough*. Brendah Wairimu is on it too, you will remember her as Shariffah of Shay-Jing Times, the lying pointy.
I can’t wait for people to get addicted to it though. Then, I will have a legit reason to go around frying people with my electric fly trap, then dropping their dead smoking asses in The Nairobi Dam. Authorities ‘plan’ to spend hundreds of millions on rehabilitating it. We all know hiyo pesa inaenda wapi. *Walks away whistling*
This ‘stuff’ (I will never have proper words to describe soap operas) will be airing on NTV. Apparently they want to slot it right after the 9 p.m. news on Mondays, so they give Tabasamu a run for their dorrar$.
Good luck with that!
P.S. Shout out to the mama who mailed me asking for Andrew Siro. 1. I don’t keep the Guy in my dark, deserted thatched hut in the middle of Matuu. 2.He produces and directs Gossip Girl on Kiss TV. Enda ukamtafute huko.

Oops … sorry for the late posting … forgot to click publish .. Oh well

Open Post! 401

Ha! I can see someone of you praying I get herpes for doing this LOL
I have nothing interesting to post today, Viv will save me kesho. Since, I don’t want to lie to y’all ati sijui someone is making 800k ama sijui SK has suspended 10 people, I’ll just sit and watch all of you discuss STUFF! DEUCES!


Bitchfest! 374

I’ll start with the folks who are demanding an explanation about Friday. Have y’all forgotten we’re in fucking Kenya? Yaani, you guys don’t GET IT when we try and kanyangia a story? We heard about the story on Wednesday, even before the police talked to the media. By dawn, we noticed the story was becoming ‘weird’, by the end of the day, we realized … oh fuck! This is not a kawaida story, we let it slide ‘cause there is no way I’ll take a bullet for akina Odhis so that he can come here and say good job MM … good job kitu gani, I’ll be DEAD!
Have you guys listened to Easy Fm of late? I cannot believe my fucking ears! There is a pastor on that show and I swear me and her will be adding kunis to the fire in hell!! WHO IS SHE?! Okay, when did ‘Pastors’ go all out commercial and became SEX therapists?? Sexual Healing achia akina Marvin Gaye mami, stick to spiritual healing, if you still want to see the gates of heaven
Still on matters heavenly, it seems the good Lord left KBC to its own devices … have y’all seen the new set!!!! Some kao colours RIGHT THURR! And you wonder why Citizen has numbers
Double Standards in this country make me mad … jana a rumour started that a certain MP twangad her huuby. The same MP cock blocked Mr. Miller from a gava job ati cause he used to chapa his wife. Guys, laughed at the guy jana when he was saying he was not chapwad, where was his wife? She was too busy to attend the press conference … yeah, your HOSEBAND had one foot in the grave and the other one on a banana peel and you’re too busy to even sit with him in hosi … kuna KITU hapo!!! Where are all these feminist cunts who always scream domestic violence is wrong? Ama battered men is not within your bitching JD?
So jana, I was on a 7C bus, and this guy stood up and started giving his SOB story about how his wife is dead, and he needs to clear his mortuary fees … after he was done … one brave mama shouted ‘Wewe si urikuwa unaoba hii pesa ya moshary mpaka rast year dee-seba’? HEHEHE I laughed out loud! This idiot just shukad the bus!
Then there’s the deaf beggar on the 7C route, who now even has money to kanga his nywele! Is it that bad out there? I hear some of these beggars make more than 200k a freaking month!!!
Where is Jogoo??? Look at your star MP in action!

Rumour has it 244

That Gathoni Wa Mushomba might be making a comeback to national radio … before I tell you which station she might be on, let me ‘Terro’ (Wish I told you about Terro this week hehe) you about Gathoni.

Gathoni started her radio career on Kameme fm, she was their breakfast host for a long time, but her potential was FULLY recognized when she was poached by Inooro FM, she basically BUILT Inooro into what it is now, she was ROUUUUGH, her listeners LISTENED to her every word! Advertisers loved her! Politicians hated her! But there was soon durama at Inooro Fm and she had to leave, the ‘Break-up’ with Inooro was soo bloody messy at one point she made the top news item on RMS media outlets ati ‘She was spreading malicious’ gossip about RMS.
She soon started a media insttitte on Roast House (Where we get Mshikakis after cuming on ourselves at Liddos) I have no idea how that went
She also had a stint at Bahasha Fm (Now Countryside FM) a media outlet owned by Mututho, she was in several duramas while at the station, Jayne Kihara (the then Naivasha MP) was famously quoted as saying ‘Gathoni ni KULOpokwa tu’ ‘cause Gathoni used to ‘Hate’ on Jayne like every day.
I have no idea where she is now, back to her … unconfirmed reports say that Radio Africa is seriously thinking of turning their frequency 103.5 into a Kikuyu station. Sources say, if the move does go through, Gathoni will lead the new venture.
It would be interesting for Radio Africa to venture into a Kikuyu station and having Gathoni on board might work wonders for them, cause Chick KNOWS radio!

Open Post! 777

Good Morning!
We haven’t had one in a long time. A lot of things are going down, I slept at 3 Am trying to get confirmation on a breaking story. You might see the story tomorrow, trust me … this one … I’ll even post it from the border, then vuka PAP!
In the meantime, have fun Y’all (Like you always do) and we’ll see you tomorrow.

Thank you CCTV! 127

As you all know by now, CCTV has ‘raided’ our lackluster media fraternity as they seek to set-up an African Office.
They are here with lots of mbecha to buy off talent, word on the corridors of Mombasa road is that all folks who have moved to CCTV are getting at least 3X what their current employer is offering them. Now, at NTV … it seems the bosses there want to throw a party cause Peninah has left,  they were so happy she left, they never bothered to even negotiate with her. They had been trying to let her go for a long time.
Mark Maasai is also on the CCTV boat, with the exception of KTN, most stations are happy their ‘Old talent’ has left bila durama. IN fact, NTV is debuting new faces (They better be HOT ama natupa mawe) in two weeks. Rumor has it, some boys and girls from their in-house training institute are ripe for TV.
What’s the sad thing about the latest moves? They are all motivated by money, well you might say we all strive to make more money, but my boss keeps telling me. Never move JUST for money, do a SWOT analysis of where you’re going. For CCTV, I don’t see them being all that and a bag of nyanyas, first, they are owned by the Chinese Government, so Beatrice Marshall can forget doing ‘Ground breaking’ reporting, secondly, their move into Africa is being seen to compliment their current policy in Africa. Give aid bila questions. So CCTV, might just end up being an ass kissing fest, I don’t see HOW ONE can grow their career at a place where everything will be dictated.
CCTV will most likely make them irrelevant even with the ‘Big’ platform they’re being offered
I won’t be surprised if all these journalists (if journalism is their passion) quit and beg for their jobs back.

Save the whale!!!!!!!! 215

Some radio shows make me want to shove my hands down my throat and puke food I ate last week. It slays me that there are people out there who listen to Kiss 100. It just boggles the mind! Rush Hour with Shaffie Weru and now, Linda Nyangweso just happens to be one of these shows. Can you believe the torture of actually listening to their mathogothanio all the way home after an outrageously catastrophic day?? In this goddamn freakish weather?? . These two have NO chemistry on radio. Shaffie, being the douche bag he is, keeps making fun of Linda’s weight.  My heart bleeds for this mama. Ukweli. Now, all blatantly sick jokes aside, call me fat on fucking radio and I will make it my goal in life to kill you and char your remains beyond recognition. Listening to them is tiring. Like walking through the Libyan sand dunes with Susan Boyle strapped to one foot and Mike Sonko to the other and a bottle of Kevian Afia juice tied around my neck(This stuff is disgustiiiiiiiiiing!). We all know that the producers at Kiss have this annoying we-must-play-each- song-178,654-times a day fetish. Based on that fact alone, I have no idea how I could possibly like the station.Now its just C.M. and the Katumbo dance mafia (I forget his name) on the morning show I hear. I can’t stand their ujuaji. Radio Africa really does wish us death by Fuckiolitis
Ka-dumdum-lekye on the other hand, mambo yanaenda down south a.k.a. segemnege. Apparently, She called in sick eons and eons ago, na huko Sunday. So sick she was fighting for her life (go, yokozuna, GO!!), writhing in pain, bed ridden, and foaming at the mouth.. Yeah, it was that bad. Except, she dragged her silly ass to Social media and started yapping about how great ‘Last night’s party’ was. “That party was the beeeeest. AWESOME”. Someone in power saw this shit. My friends, to be this stupid is a talent. Kama una bonge la ujinga like that by the way, social media will ruin you. For life! Someone needs to save this person.
The dark days are not over

Please excuse me while I mention Kiss 100 and Capital FM in the same post. This is an abomination. I should just go ahead and offer a burnt offering after this.
If you are an ardent Capital FM listener, you have unearthed the treasure that is The Cypher. This show, my good friends, airs on Saturday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. and on Sunday 11 p.m. to Monday 1 a.m. aaaaaaaand, it is from the gods. Joe Muchiri does this show professionally yaani, no talk, no mayhem, just great hip hop and the occasional ad or two. I like this guy’s style. He knows what listeners want to hear and he plays it. Always fresh. This is genuine hip hop by the way, the kind we all love to love. And as for you who are too busy listening to Trey Songz and his gay sorority you cannot squeeze Common in, I say, SHOOOOOOOOOO!
P.S.:
1.Social media is not your grandfather’s thingira*. If you tweet “Can’t sleep, fuck Insomnia” at fucking 10 p.m., you are on my wanted list. I will hunt you down and we are gonna have a lot of fun together. Idiot!!  Insomnia is a medical condition and you offend the people who need tranquilizers to catch a wink!
2. Writh: Make continual twisting, squirming movements or contortions of the body. If you have already pictured Ka-dumdums writhing, call your shrink. NOOOOOOOOOW!

WHY? 314

Well a few things, I’m MAD as fuck. So there I was, gobbling down my liver and chapati and the TVs in the CafĂ© were on Citizen TV and WITH NO WARNING, they started showing severe burns victims. Did I puke? NO, this is not ‘Todo Sombre Camilla’ I still kept my lunch in but I was MAD as fuck and I saw one woman TURN away.
I hear KTN was worse. When did we lose our BRAINS? Did SHIT replace YOUR BRAINS, Mr. Editor or whoever was responsible for the shit minutes of TV we saw yesterday? Y’all sit and scream how Aljazeera demeans Africans by showing dead bodies of our citizens and y’all were up in that field like white on rice … beaming shots of a woman with bad bad burns on her face and hands.
What a severe lack of JUDGEMENT!!! I’m sure y’all were doing this so that you’re fucking scooped!!!  That was shallow journalism, fuck it! Y’all are SHIT! I have no words FOR Abdi whatever on Citizen TV! I just can’t deal with such fuckery right now.
Secondly, our MPs need to get a fucking life, they all went down there like it was a titty bar, causing all manner of gridlock in and around the area. The PM with his massive motorcade, REALLY? Wasn’t Sonko the cunt that was there protesting when a road was proposed to pass through the area?! Where is Reuben Ndolo??? Your ‘Voters’ NEED YOU! Didn’t you tell them to ‘Weka taya’ … where are you???
I won’t blame KPC, they tried … but the stupidity that rules this city was against them. They tried, they’re NOT perfect, but they tried.
I won’t blame the folks who live in that area … hey, if I see ‘Money’ flowing on the fucking sewer and I’m broke, I won’t run and try and warn the ‘Authorities’ I’ll scoop it and see if I can feed my 5 or so kids.
Mosande, a blogger says on her latest blog post … ‘Those ‘idiots’ (Folks living in the slum) are driven by need, not greed. It doesn’t make what they did right, but it makes it sadder’
Shit happens, but we need to always be a step ahead, there have been many warnings about the slum but no one listened.
We’re fucked. For those living near the railroad in Kibera and (I’m not so sure about the network), chungeni sana.
Sonko was admitted at Nairobi Hospital yesterday, high blood pressure and shit …

Random … 386

Monday 12th September
Larry Asego is back on the Big Breakfast this morning, yaani this guy just TAKES IT! On today, off tomorrow. Madharau kama hayo siwezi tolerate
Moving on, there’s a new TV show kicking off at the end of this month. Why I’m I telling you NOW? Well because I want you to apply for the show. The show is called The CfC Stanbic Bank Magnate, it’s going to run for 13 weeks on Kiss TV and KBC (Weird, weird, weird media selection) especially since their target audience rarely watches the two stations. Anyway, the show is a business reality program, like the Apprentice. The contestants will be put up in a house and they will be given weekly challenges, as they go through the show, they will be coached on many business like activities, like putting together a business plan (I got a credit *Maringo nayo* cause of my business plan)
The show has mentors; among them is Moses Nderitu, the guy who owns Excloosive. The winner of the show will get 1.5 Million bob in seed capital. There are no requirements to join the show, just download the application forms on http://www.the-magnate.com/backup2/
Still on TV shows, NTV is promo-ing it’s new daily show. Yes, they have a daily (Kenyan) Soap Opera. Y’all can watch the trailer below.

I really don’t know what to think, the first few seconds of the trailer got me all confused … plus the acting looks a bit eer delayed … too slow. I won’t watch it, the acting for me is completely off, if we’re to judge the show with the trailer. The show is shot and produced by the same lady who produces Siri (one of the region’s best shows) I wonder if they will hack extending a story line for 5 months, especially since they’re going the ‘Evil family’ ‘Bad family’ route … I wish they took lesson from Generations (It’s been running FOREVER) and it still kicks ass in SA!
Now, Exodus to Stardom aired its last episode jana. I’m still in shock, if you’re going to come here and tell me that the show was good for a first trial, I’ll hunt you down and kick you in the privates!!! You cannot run a show on a two bob budget and expect folks to clap for your shit ass efforts!!
The lighting was horrible, the SOUND … oh my goodness … the SOUND!!! The show looked and felt like a high school talent day competition COMPLETE with a HUUUGE plastic Trophy!
THE SINGING, THE SINGING *walks away to cry*